YAPC::AU::Bruce.pm

Andrew Savige ajsavige at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 22 22:02:32 CST 2004

leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au wrote:
> For my 2 cents worth, I'd really like to see something like
> PureCoverage, a really nice tool that provided metrics on how much of
> your code has actually been exercised by your test harness (your
> what...). PureCoverage was originally written by PureAtria, who were
> bought by Rational - who were bought by IBM ...
>
> I've searched CPAN, and there are some pretty incomplete attempts - so
> it appear to be a non-trivial problem.

Which ones did you look at?
Paul Johnson's:
  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Devel-Cover/
is definitely worth a look.
He gave a talk on it at YAPC::Europe 2003:
  http://yapc.mongueurs.net/yapc/talk/?tid=57
It still being very actively developed (there's been quite a lot of
discussion about it lately on the perl-qa mailing list).

/-\