weird CGI-bin problem

jimd at paddy.wahroonga.com jimd at paddy.wahroonga.com
Fri Feb 27 18:41:43 CST 2004

Hi,

I'm working on A.pl which has a form in it whose href is B.pl

I need to change this form to call A.pl so the client can enter some more stuff

however, when I change the href B.pl to A.pl (and make no other change)
the result is that A.pl is downloaded rather than being executed.
If I change href back to B.pl, normal behaviour resumes.

I'm bewildered by this. Is there something special in CGI which causes
downloading rather than execution? Help, please.

Jim Donovan