[Melbourne-pm] vCalandar -> RSS etc...

Stephen Edmonds stephen.edmonds at its.monash.edu.au
Tue Dec 7 16:28:01 CST 2004

Scott,

I suspect that the format that iCal exports (and imports and subscribes
to) is actually iCalendar [1] not vCalendar.  When I wrote a script to
scrape my work calendar in order to create a ics file that I could then
subscribe to in iCal I followed the iCalendar spec and it works fine...

The other thing is that I have only seen vCalendar files with a .vcs
extension :)

There does exist a set of classes under Net::ICal (on CPAN) but when I
had a quick look earlier in the year I couldn't get it to work, or
install cleanly.  It is part of Reefknot [2] but that doesn't seems to
have moved in four years :(

This meant that for my script I had to create the ics file manually.
However I did use Date::ICal to format the dates...

Stephen

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2445.html
[2] http://reefknot.sourceforge.net/

Scott Penrose wrote: