[Melbourne-pm] Perl web application framework recommendations

David Dick david_dick at iprimus.com.au
Tue Aug 17 16:51:45 CDT 2004

David Dick wrote:

>>> my bad english... i meant single sign on for multiple servers...
>>

>> Yeah, that is what I mean. Single sign on is usually done by adding a
>> special header (ala passport).
>>
>>> eg. get a auth ticket from security.example.com, and use it to visit
>>> application.example.com and mail.example.com...
>>

>> Exactly :-)
>>

> Ok.  Happy to concede you've impressed the hell outta me.  You have
> strange and mysterious powers beyond the ken of mortal man.  Can you
> show me how the following should play out?

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: london.britain.org

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorisation Required
WWW-Authenticate: Basic Realm="Rogue Robots"

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: london.britain.org
Authorization: Basic cGVuZm9sZDpwZW5mb2xk

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

GET /baron/greenback HTTP/1.1
Host: london.britain.org
Authorization: Basic cGVuZm9sZDpwZW5mb2xk

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

GET /silas/greenback HTTP/1.1
Host: scotland.britain.org

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorisation Required
WWW-Authenticate: Basic Realm="Who Stole the Bagpipes?"

GET /silas/greenback HTTP/1.1
Host: scotland.britain.org
Authorization: Basic cGVuZm9sZDpwZW5mb2xk

> What did i miss?

*ahem* Amended Host headers should be easier to demonstrate with. :)