Safe Languages :-)

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Sun Apr 4 20:08:00 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 07:12:09PM +1000, Scott Penrose wrote:
> Anyway - Obviously what ever I choose they are mostly limited in that
> they are restricted to general programming with only a very basic input
> and output (at this stage a single line of input and plain text output
> - or generation of a graphic).
>
> Ideas welcome :-)

A architecturally safe model would be to run it via a plugin in
the client browser, and not on the server at all.  This obviates
the need for a perfectly implemented server-side compartment.

E.g. activestate's Tcl dev kit has just such a plugin:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/Tcl_Dev_Kit/3.1/Browser.html

Quickly googling, I didn't find one for Perl.

Joshua Goodall                           "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109