Safe Languages :-)

Ian Holsman ian at holsman.net
Fri Apr 2 06:50:14 CST 2004

the per-child MPM of apache2 was designed for this task, but I'm not
sure how stable it is.

another approach would be to run multiple webservers on the machine,
one for each student.

your portal would then proxy the request to the students individual server.

the students would only be able to execute code as their own users,
which may not fix everything, but it would help a bit I think.

HTH
Ian