Perl career progression

Peter G. Martin peterm at zeta.orglau.pm.org
Tue Sep 9 02:33:04 CDT 2003

Nathan Bailey:

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:28:23 +1000, you wrote:

> (It would be interesting to me to hear what substantial applications
> have been written in perl in the Australian context -- can be vague,
> but who has written something of more than 5,000 lines and what did it
> do, at a very broad level?  e.g. billing system, etc.)

Well i was once +nearly+ up to that level with a system for document
conversion and control and storage and reconversion etc.. and automatic
configuration file documentation and printing etc.  But then,
in the proper manner, I found module after module in CPAN that did most
of that for me  -- and it came down by about 75% in line counts. And should
have come down more... except that it worked.

But then, Perl and CPAN'll  do that sort of thing to you  :-)

--Peter M