Talks at PM Meetings

rickmeasham at optusnet.com.au rickmeasham at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 10 05:40:02 CST 2003

Andrew's post this morning made me think ... maybe
we should offer some tutorial type talks on Perl-based
fundamentals. I think this happened a couple of times
in 2003?

Maybe plan and advertise an evening on four topics
for 2004. One each quarter. Promote it heavily and
invite as many people as possible.

I can think of a few topics, but I'm sure there's more:
1. Database design, development and the DBI
2. Object Orientation
3. Writing modules (incl. for CPAN)

These tutorial nights should include take-home notes
and be well planned and structured. I guess they'd be
a warm-up for YAPC.au

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
Rick