RT (Request Tracker) Date Handling

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Thu Nov 6 22:30:26 CST 2003

Hey Dudes.

I am doing some manual quereis on an RT database and having problems with the dates and times.

In an RT Ticket we have a Last Updated time of "Fri Nov  7 12:14:06 2003".

If I do a query on the database I get the following:

mysql> select LastUpdated, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(LastUpdated) as uts from Tickets where id = 12511;
+---------------------+------------+
| LastUpdated         | uts        |
+---------------------+------------+
| 2003-11-07 01:14:06 | 1068128046 |
+---------------------+------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

If I convert the unix time stamp there to a local time I get:

scottp at lust:505:~$ localtime 1068128046
Fri Nov  7 01:14:06 2003

Note that they are the same, all 1:14 (AM).
Note that RT shows this is actually 12:14 pm (11 hours later).

I can only conclude one of two possible issues.

 * RT is removing 11 hours before storing in the database - thus invalid entries are being stored in the database.

OR

 * MySQL is not correctly returning Unix Time Stamps

Does anyone know which is likely ? And how to fix it ?

Scott
---
Scott Penrose
Digital Dimensions