perl used in large developments - I need help

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Wed Mar 19 18:34:02 CST 2003

G'day Simon,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 10:50:08AM +1100, Simon Taylor wrote:
> What I desperately need now is pointers to good quality descriptions
> of larger applications developed in perl.

Ones I can immediately think of.

MyInternet - Big portal, lots of cool stuff, all in Perl.  Talk to Scott.

MyMonash   - Big portal, lots of cool stuff, all in Perl.  Talk to Nathan.

NASA       - Uses Perl for satellite control, using "PDL" (Perl Data Lang)

Human Genome Project -  See http://bioperl.org/GetStarted/tpj_ls_bio.html

RT         - Ticketing system, very very good, all Perl.

MelbUni    - Traffic account system, all written in Perl.
	   - Student Information System (SIS), all in Perl (chat to Jacinta)
	   - DNS and IP allocation system, all in Perl (chat to Jacinta)

Many many many at http://perl.oreilly.com/news/success_stories.html .
This is probably a good place to point your potential clients, as
it exists primarily to showcase Perl and what it can do.

Good luck with the tender,

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/