httpd conf for multiple vhosts using mod_perl

Tim Hunt tim.hunt at its.monash.edu.au
Tue Mar 4 18:33:26 CST 2003

Morning all;

Monash Portal is establishing a sandbox environment for its developers,
and wants to run multiple virtual hosts from the same IP address. We
hoped this would be trivial (as it is for static sites) but....

We use mod_perl and HTML::Mason for the site.

So, the first question is, can we have independent environments for each
vhost? (separate doc root, different config files, ...)

If the answer is yes, I'll share our httpd.conf and the Mason handler.pl
for further discussion.

Cheers,
Tim Hunt, Portal Developer, Monash University