[dev] Melbourne.pm Meeting - Wednesday 11h of June 2003 - "Beginners Tk, Apache::MP3, perllab"

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Tue Jun 10 19:06:24 CDT 2003

Made a small mistake around Apache::MP3 (sorry Stas).

Stas will be showing us how to port from mod_perl 1 to mod_perl 2 using
Apache::MP3 as an example.

Man... must have been on too many Cappuccinos yesterday :-)

Scooter

On Tuesday, Jun 10, 2003, at 17:14 Australia/Melbourne, Scott Penrose
wrote:

> Welcome to May Melbourne.pm
>
> We are continuing our excellent talks this month !
>
> This month we will be doing a beginners presentation on Tk,
> Apache::MP3 module and a discussion on perllab.
> Stas will also be taking general questions on mod_perl - so be
> prepared :-)
>
> Where:
> 	myinternet
> 	Level 8, myinternet House
> 	14-20 Blackwood Street
> 	North Melbourne
>
> When:
> 	Wednesday the 11th of June 2003 - 6:30 pm
> 	Doors open from 6pm till 6:45pm
>
> Agenda:
> 	* Welcome to Melbourne.pm
> 	* "Beginners Tk" - Simon Taylor
> 	* "Apache::MP3" - Stas Bekman
> 	* "perllab" - Simon Taylor
> 	* Dinner :-)
>
> "Beginners Tk" - Simon Taylor
>
> 	Tk is one of the most omnipresent windowing toolkits around. Although
> it
> 	is old, and doesn't look fantastic, it works on Windows, Mac (Classic
> and X),
> 	and X Windows to name but some. If you want to know how to do a GUI
> in perl,
> 	then Tk is certainly the most portable.
>
> 	Simon will be back in future meetings to do more advanced Tk.
>
> "Apache::MP3" - Stas Bekman
>
> 	Apache::MP3 will generate streamable directories of MP3 and Ogg
> Vorbis files
> 	on your own Apache server - very cool.
>
> "perllab" - Simon Taylor
>
> 	Perl Doco for beginners. An introduction to a new concept.
>

> Scott
> - -- Scott Penrose
> Anthropomorphic Personification Expert
> http://search.cpan.org/search?author=SCOTT
> scott at cpan.org

- --
Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.