CSS manipulation

David Dick david_dick at iprimus.com.au
Tue Oct 29 01:25:15 CST 2002

The logic that I follow says that for a client base that is static and
high volume, you download the stylesheet as an external file, download
the JS files as external files, give 'em long TTL value and compress the
actual html files.  However, for everything else, i've always inlined
the stylesheet and compressed the whole thing (paying attention of
course to IE6 etc with regard to compression).  This of course is
because my style sheets so far have been miniscule in comparison to the
overall html, so there wasn't that much of a difference.  Presumeably
the stylesheets are big enuff to warrant that null and void, but if so,
is it worth hand-crafting the stylesheets instead of writing a .pm file
to do it for you? (i can't believe i'm saying this :))