NEW MODULE: Sys::Hostname::Long

Rob rob at cowsnet.com.au
Mon May 6 22:59:36 CDT 2002

G'Day Scott,

I had a quick look at this and had a bit of a chuckle - You were right
about there not being a lot of code with this module ... It's pretty
short and to the point.  I was wondering if it would be worth
incorporate localised signal trapping similar to that of Sys::Hostname
would be worthwhile - particularly for those platforms out there that
don't have a hostname external function (although none immediately come
to mind, Windows 95 perhaps?) ...

BTW Scott, very nice idea to start announcing module uploads to the list
- It should help all of us here in Melbourne.pm get a better idea as to
what others in our group are up to.  I'm hoping to make an update to
CGI::Upload later today - I'll announce the changes to the list when
I've had a chance to do so.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Casey
Business Manager, Senior IT Consultant
Cowsnet Internet and Professional Services
http://www.cowsnet.com.au