Web Site Update and July Talks

Jeremy Howard jhoward at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 13 22:56:51 CDT 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:32:05 +1000, "Scott Penrose" <scottp at dd.com.au>
said:
> There is a bit of software that comes as a demo with
> Spreadsheet::ParseExcel called 'herbert'. Look in the bin directory.
>
> It does a nice job of handling almost any format of sheet, but I found
> it created too much html to try and cope with every formatting issue.

Thanks for the tip. For the record, 'herbert' comes with OLE::Storage.
It doesn't even use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel! (In fact, it turns out
that Spreadsheet::ParseExcel is based on herbert).

It looks like converting the Sheet_to_HTML() function in herbert to use
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel is still an open problem. I'd guess this would
be a good idea...

--
  Jeremy Howard
  jeremy at fastmail.fm