Perl 5.8.0 is out

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Sat Jul 20 17:58:07 CDT 2002

On Saturday, July 20, 2002, at 11:56 , Paul Fenwick wrote:

> G'day everyone,
>
> 	For those who haven't seen the news, Perl 5.8.0 has
> been released.  See http://use.perl.org/ or just about any other
> Perl site for more details.
>
> 	I'm volunteering to give a "what's new in Perl 5.8.0"
> talk for the September meeting, unless there's any objections.
> I hear that the July meeting should already be chock-full of
> Bovine Perl goodness.

Hmmm.... I think you mean the August meet. We have already had a July
meet :-)

> 	Oh, if I haven't already posted it to the list, Randal
> won't be able to make it to the August PM meeting.  He'll be at
> the SAGE-AU trivia night.  I'll try to see if there are any nights
> when he will be free for a possible informal get together.

I have 5.8.0 installed on my laptop (Mac OS X) - it is working VERY
nice - of course you have to rebuild almost every CPAN module you had :-
( but that didn't take me that long.

You can use it for the demo What's New Demo if you would like.

Scott Penrose
VP in charge of Pancakes
http://linux.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: If you receive this email in error - please eat it
immediately to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.