Melb.pm meetings

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Wed Jan 9 00:30:41 CST 2002

G'day everyone,

	I haven't heard any objections to the 2nd Wednesday of
each month at 6pm idea, so I presume that everyone's happy with
it.  So, I'm going to start putting names with dates and see
how people react.  :)

	Venue: MyInternet House, Blackwood St, North Melbourne
	Time:  6pm

	February 13th	- Fastmail.FM (Jeremy Howard & Rob Mueller)
	March    13th	- Extreme Perl (Damian Conway)
	April	 10th	- Perl Redispatch (Paul Fenwick)
	May	  8th	- Bovine Perl(?) (Rob Casey)

Anyone who wants to insert/delete themselves from talks, please
do so sooner rather than later, so that alternate speakers can
be arranged.

Scotty came up with the suggestion that we have 4-6 short talks
(of say five minutes each) at each meeting, so people have the
chance to talk about new modules or ideas or whatever.  I think it's
a great idea.  So if you want to do a short talk on anything
Perl related at all, just announce your intention to do so.

Damian has mentioned that his talk will take a good 2-3 hours,
and he has a long drive afterwards, so I suggest we keep the
short talks light (or non-existant) for March.

I'm happy to volunteer myself for a short humourous talk on
using strict for the Feb meeting.  :)

All the best,

	Paul

--