Perl talk at the next LUV Programmers SIG meeting (this Tuesday)

Graeme Cross gcross at alphalink.com.au
Sun Feb 24 03:01:15 CST 2002

Hi Perl Mongers.
You are more than welcome to the next LUV Programmers SIG meeting, which is
this Tuesday night, and is on Web Application Programming with Perl. Details
below.

Cheers
Graeme

The next LUV Programmers SIG meeting is on this Tuesday, February 26.

The topic will be "Web Application Programming with Perl" by David Dick.

    I will be discussing my experiences with constructing
    applications with a html/browser front end, an apache/mod_perl
    application server and a postgreSQL backend. I will be focusing on
    the advantages/disadvantages of such an approach and various
    techniques/optimisations that I have found useful.

Everyone is welcome to the meeting, which is at:

    7pm, Tuesday February 26
    MyInternet
    Level 8, Blackwood House
    14-20 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne

Blackwood Street is the first on the left on Flemington Road, near the
Royal Melbourne Hospital.

We will be going for dinner afterwards at La Porchetta near the Queen
Victoria market.

The planned talks for upcoming Programmers SIG meetings are:

    March 26 - "kbuild: the new kernel build system" by Keith Owens
    April 23 - "An introduction to Ruby" by Graeme Cross

More SIG information can be found at http://programmers.luv.asn.au/

--
Graeme Cross <gcross at alphalink.com.au>