cpan/image magick

Martin Cleaver mrjcleaver at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 00:07:47 CDT 2002

Hey Scott,
  I'm tracking through a problem with Image::WorldMap as used at
perl.pm but I'm stuck as Image Magick isn't loading properly.
Could you please give me a clue as to what's wrong here?

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main::(-e:1):   0
  DB<1>  use Image::Imlib2;

  # create a new image
  my $image = Image::Imlib2->new(200, 200);

  # set a colour (rgba, so this is transparent orange)
  $image->set_color(255, 127, 0, 127);
  DB<2>
  DB<2>
  DB<3> perl: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6
.0/i386-linux/auto/Image/Imlib2/Imlib2.so: undefined symbol:
imlib_create_image
bash-2.04$

Much appreciated,
  Martin.