Red Hat, RPMs and Perl

Simon Taylor simon at unisolve.com.au
Tue Aug 20 21:25:27 CDT 2002

Linux and perl folks,

> > For precompiled packages, I guess ActiveState PPM is the repository
> > of choice.
>
> They are not in Red Hat or Debian format, which is what I mean.

Our 10c worth is that we have taken the CPAN only approach on our servers and
on all our clients servers.

We remove the vendors packages completely, install perl from source and use
the CPAN module to install everything else.

This *so* much simplifies issues like building mod_perl apache and installing
other xs modules.

Your .deb and .rpm files are all very well, but dammit, this is perl! ;-)

Regards,

Simon Taylor
--
Unisolve Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia