A bit of Perl Xmas Cheer

Lisa Nyman (GEO-CSB) lnyman at Census.GOV
Thu Dec 10 07:41:44 CST 1998

Hi,

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Elaine Ashton wrote:

> 1) What do you like most about perl?

I like the fact that if I have a problem with DBI, I can ask Tim Bunce.
Try doing that with an Oracle Application Server problem.  In other words,
what I like most is the community of developers and users and the amount
of help that is available.

> 2) Why did you start using perl?

I needed it for a web app (1995).  Now I use it for web apps and
administrative stuff.

> 3) What would you like to know how to do with perl?

Even cooler web apps.

> 4) Are there other women around you in a technical position?

I'm the only unix chick in my office, and we have two pc/nt women.
However there are acouple of other perl/unix chicks at our agency.

Lisa W. Nyman  <lnyman at census.gov>   Standard Disclaimer applies.
+Read the GIS FAQ: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/faq-index.html
-Life is too short to wear ugly underwear.
"All roads lead somewhere so don't sweat the wrong turns." --me