greetings and welcome

Emma Hibling elhibling at meto.gov.uk
Thu Dec 3 03:20:52 CST 1998

Hello everybody. I'm Emma Hibling. I work at the
Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research
which is in Bracknell, England. I support and
develop applications on our HP workstations and
Cray supercomputer.

I've been using Unix for 8 years now, but got into
Perl quite recently. I reckon I've just got out of
the "baby talk" stage of Perl. I use Perl for doing
sysadmin tasks, deriving stats from logs, CGI scripts,
interfaces to databases and a whole lot more. Perl has
made computer programming fun for me again.

Cheers,
Emma
--
 Ms Emma Hibling      Tel: +44 [0]1344-856072
 UK Met. Office         elhibling at meto.gov.uk
 "Sometimes the need to mess with their heads
   outweighs the millstone of humiliation."