Can you help verify spanish holidays for Date::Calc?

Steffen Beyer sb at engelschall.com
Wed Apr 11 12:33:19 CDT 2001

Dear Perl Mongers in Spain,

I am currently working on the next release (version 5.0) of my module
"Date::Calc", which will be able to perform date calculations which
take holidays into consideration.

Therefore, I would like to provide calendar profiles for as many countries
as possible, including Spain.

I'm not sure if I implemented the Spanish holidays in the correct way,
so I'd be very glad if you could check the dates, the spelling, and
whether my list is complete.

I'm not only interested in official holidays (work is suspended), but
also in purely commemorative days (or days when schools close).
(Like religious holidays of a certain importance but which are
usually not free.)

Can you provide any insights, corrections or additions?

Any help is most welcome!

Most of all, I need formulas for the calculation of all moving
holidays.

Those which depend on the date of (western) Easter are no problem,
as my program can already handle that (see below).

Can you please also forward this message to your Perl Monger mailing lists,
as well as any acquaintances or friends who might be able to help?

Many thanks in advance!

Here are the Spanish holidays I have so far:

$Profiles->{'ES'} = # España
{
    "Año Nuevo"                 => "01.01.",
    "Dia de los Tres Reyes"     => "06.01.",
    "Dia de Santo José"         => "19.03.",
    "Jueves antes de Páscuas"   => "-3",
    "Viernes antes de Páscuas"  => "-2",
    "Domingo de Páscuas"        => "+0",
    "Lunes de Páscuas"          => "#+1", # varia segundo la region
    "Dia del Trabajo"           => "01.05.",
    "Domingo de Pentecostes"    => "+49",
    "Santiago Apóstol"          => "25.07.",
    "Ascensión de Maria"        => "#15.08.", # varia segundo la region
    "Dia Nacional"              => "12.10.",
    "Todos Santos"              => "01.11.",
    "Dia de la Constitución"    => "06.12.",
    "Dia de la Concepción"      => "08.12.",
    "Páscuas de Navidad"        => "25.12."
};

Please also check whether a day is an official holiday, or
just a commemorative day (nobody gets a day off), or a school
holiday (only schools close).

Again, many thanks in advance for your precious help!

Best regards,
--
    Steffen Beyer <sb at engelschall.com>
    http://www.engelschall.com/u/sb/whoami/ (Who am I)