Perl DBI Seminar

Simon Oliver simon.oliver at umist.ac.uk
Thu May 16 05:58:38 CDT 2002

Tim Bunce, the author of the Perl DBI will be speaking at UMIST on the
18th June, 2002 on the subject of the Perl DBI. This seminar will focus
on specific aspects of his popular tutorial, Advanced DBI. It is aimed at
Perl programmers with an understanding of the DBI and a desire to know
more.

If you would like to attend please contact me before 23rd May, 2002.

At this early stage we have the opportunity to direct the focus of the
seminar.  Tim has suggested we take a vote:-

- Performance:
Speed, speed, speed: what helps, what doesn't; database
design, application partitioning, network latency, stored procedures,
caching etc.

- New features:
Such as DBI::PurePerl, $dbh->begin_work, meta-data methods,
DBIx::AnyDBD support, $h->HandleError, latest work, future work

- DBI class architecture, Tracing, Error Handling, Transactions.

For further details please see:
  http://pm.bi.umist.ac.uk/activities.html

--
  Simon Oliver