Hello, Manchester!

Simon Oliver simon.oliver at umist.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 04:17:22 CDT 2001

I think it's a good idea (after all I set it up :).  Just checked and
the web-site is still there.

Let's take a roll-call and see who's out there.  Perhaps a brief
description of yourself, your location and what you expect of the group.
  I'll compile a list and perhaps put it up on the web-site (if you
don't want this let me know and I'll keep your details a secret).  I'll
start off:

Simon Oliver, lives in Cheshire and works in Manchester at UMIST for the
department of Biomolecular Sciences as the Computer Officer / IT
manager.  Originally trained in life sciences but now responsible for
the departments Unix (SGI/Linux), NT and Netware Network.  Has a good
knowledge of Perl, Database programming and Web authoring.

I originally set-up the Manchester.pm group in the hope of making
contact with other Perl users.  I hoped we could share stories of Perl
related projects, "things I've done", "things I want to do", etc.

I am more interested in a virtual group that meets electronically but I
can see that meeting face to face a few times a year might be useful.
If there is enough interest i could arrange for a Perl meeting one
lunchtime here at UMIST, perhaps extending into the afternoon if there
is interest.

--
   Simon Oliver