[Maine-pm] Camel?

maine-pm at mail.pm.org maine-pm at mail.pm.org
Wed Jan 21 17:56:48 CST 2004

Hello, my name is Bogart and I have a problem: I'm addicted to Perl!

But, seriously, I do enjoy Perl for fun and profit, and while browsing
Google for "perl maine" I stumbled upon this perl mongers group.
Judging from the mail archives, this group is not incredibly active. I
don't get out of the house much myself. But I would appreciate hearing
from some fellow perl hackers. I don't know what the protocol is for
mailing lists like this, but in the interest of introducing my
perl-self... (And at this point I'm not even sure there is anyone out
there to read this)...

I use perl on Mac OS X (10.3), Windows XP and Red Hat Linux (on a VPS
in San Jose). But I live in Portland, Maine. I am friendly with the
camel up to threads and sockets, and I've done a fair bit of CGI for
both Apache and IIS. I've used perl for XML web services, spidering,
interprocess glue, log parsing, graphics (GD), various browser-based
and command line utilities, nefarious one-liners and, finally, of
course, printing "hello world" many more times than was necessary (and
not, by the way, ever getting a reply).

Anyhow, perhaps this "hello world" will be more successful. I was
thinking that perhaps I might enjoy some perl hacking and occasional
debugging with camel-fans of complementary experience or enthusiasm, is
all.

Bogart
generic mail mapping at the domain "inkfist,com"