[Maine-pm] Hello

maine-pm-admin at mail.pm.org maine-pm-admin at mail.pm.org
Wed Jun 11 06:21:46 CDT 2003

> Perhaps what is confusing is that the list is set up so that every post
> appears to come from maine-pm-admin at mail.pm.org rather than the actual
> sender.

It was suggested to me by two of the list members to set the list up as an
anonymous list, thus protecting user's email addresses in the list
auto-archives from web scanners used by spammers.

There is also an option on the list to obscure email addresses so this
doesn't happen - but this doesn't seem to be affecting the contents of the
archives, as the addresses still appear un-obscured.

I'm OK with changing the configuration so the list isn't anonymous - but I'd
need some feedback from the rest of the folks on the list since there are
currently (or at least 'were') two 'no' votes before.

Thanks

Joe Minieri, CISSP
 Director of Application Engineering
 OpenService