[Madrid-pm] tech events in Spain

Rodrigo rodrigolive en gmail.com
Dom Jul 4 03:20:14 PDT 2010

> If I may recommend something is to try to inject talks in other track
> talking about Perl.
> So if there is a PostgreSQL track, inject a talk on something that
> connects Perl and Pg.
> etc.
> That will help us in getting out of the echo chamber even more than a
> separate dev room for Perl.
>
> regards
>    Gabor
> ___________

I agree, but I think that can also be accomplished by focusing talks on
certain off-Perl subjects within the Perl track dev room.

For instance, instead of a talk called "Using Test::More", call it "Test
Driven Development", do a brief into on TDD, then demo Test::* packages. Or
"Successful ORM", and base it on a DBIx::Class talk. That doesn't mean the
"Perl6" talk should be called "The Future of Programming" -- I suppose there
will be Perl developers who will see the "Perl6" title and will come by to
check out what's up with Perl6.

Lame examples, but you get the idea.

cheers,

-rodrigo