[Madrid-pm] [Fwd: [pm_groups] YAPC::Europe 2007 - Call for Participation]

Diego Kuperman diego en kuperman.com.ar
Jue Mar 1 17:40:21 PST 2007

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:16:41 +0100
From: Thomas Klausner <domm en cpan.org>
To: pm_groups en pm.org

(please forward to your local groups and all other potentially
interested people...)

Call for Participation - YAPC::Europe 2007 in Vienna

Vienna.pm is officially announcing the call for participation for Yet
Another Perl Conference Europe 2007. This years conference theme is
"Social Perl".

Location
--------

The conference will be held in Vienna, Austria, from 29th to 31st August
2007 at the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration.

Star guests
-----------

We found sponsors to invite some famous international Perl hackers.

Thanks to nfotex for inviting Larry (and Gloria) Wall, to Anonymous
Donor for getting Damian Conway from Australia to Austria (it's quite
expensive to get the 'al' out of Australia...) and to geizhals.at for
inviting Audrey Tang and Mark Jason Dominus.

Schedule
--------

The final schedule will be announced on 22nd of July 2007.

Would-be speakers please see the Call for Papers available on the
conference website for more information on key dates and talks.

Costs
-----

* Regular attendance:        100 EUR
* Students and Early Birds:   80 EUR
* Business/Sponsor Tariff:   200 EUR

Regular attendance costs 100 Euro, and 80 Euros for students. Early
birds only pay 80 Euros (if paid until 31st March 2007). There is also a
voluntary business/sponsor tariff at 200 Euros, which is an easy way to
sponsor YAPC::Europe 2007 and Perl in general.

You will not only get three days packed with interesting talks and
people, but also a goodie bag, a conference t-shirt, an invitation to
the attendees dinner and the unique opportunity to see renowned members
of the Perl community with orange mohawks.

As YAPC::Europe is a community-driven conference, we're not in it for
the profit. But should we make one, all money will be used for funding
further Perl 5|6 development, future YAPC::Europe conferences and for
advancing Perl usage / the Perl community in Austria.

How to register
---------------

To register for YAPC::Europe 2007 go to our website:
    http://vienna.yapceurope.org

Click on the 'New user'-Link in the navbar and fill out the subsequent
form.

Accomodation & Getting to Vienna
--------------------------------

Please note that you should *definitly* book your hotel room as soon as
possible. While you will be able to get a room later, the hotels near
the venue will fill up. So to prevent long trips through the city or
paying more than you want to, book your hotel room!.

You can find more information on accomodation in Vienna, and how to get
to Vienna by plain, train, car etc at the conference website.

Contact
-------

For more information please see the YAPC Europe 2007 website:
    http://vienna.yapceurope.org

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send an email to
    vienna2007 en yapceurope.org

The organisers will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thomas Klausner,
on behalfe of Vienna.pm

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at