[LA.pm] Job available for a Perl programmer

Mike Frager mfrager at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:38:41 PDT 2014

Hello LA Perl mongers,

To everyone who is already gainfully employed with your programming skills,
I apologize for this interruption, please continue your hacking...

My company, DYL, is looking to hire someone who is knowledgeable with Perl
programming to join our dynamic project development team as a project
manager. This is not a coding-heavy position, it will not involve actually
developing new software, but all applicants must be proficient at Perl
programming and Linux system administration. This role will include system
administration of the company's production and staging systems; oversight
of Perl developers; testing and merging code for release; product testing
and development of test cases; technical support of company's cloud-based
software; management of VoIP infrastructure; data and financial analysis.

Required Skills:

Ability to read and write Perl programs
Ability to read and write SQL queries
Experience developing Perl applications
Perl object-oriented practices
Git source code management
Linux system administration
MySQL (or other similar database) background
IP networking
Network security

Favorable Skills:

VoIP, Asterisk or FreeSWITCH
CRM, Lead Generation, Call Centers
Perl unit testing
Ansible, Puppet or Chef

DYL is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company that provides lead
management, dialing services, and hosted VoIP telephone service. DYL was
founded in 2009 with a focus on using technology to solve business
problems. We are looking for a dedicated and talented individual to join
our development team. This person must be able to meet all of the
requirements listed above. This role will involve learning about VoIP,
networking and the company's software and infrastructure.

This is a full-time position with a fun, friendly and challenging work
environment. We offer competitive salary.

If you are interested in applying for this position at DYL please email
your resume to Mike Frager, CTO (mfrager at dyl.com).

DYL, LLC
4551 Glencoe Ave.
Suite 155