[LA.pm] LAPM - January 2014 meeting! 1/22/2014

Andrew Grangaard granny+lapm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 10:13:31 PST 2014

Hello Mongers!  We're starting off 2014 with a bang!  Static vs Dynamic
typing and Hadoop/Hive.  See you in a-week-and-a-half!
peace,
Andrew

*LA.pm's next meeting*
What:Los Angeles Perl Mongers MeetingWhen:7-9pmDate:Wednesday January 22,
2014Where:Demand Media, 1655 26th St, Santa Monica, CATheme:Perl!
Refreshments:Food and BEvERages provided by Demand MediaRSVP:Responses
always appreciated.

Presentations:

   1. Randal Schwartz: *Dynamic Returns: a comparison of Static vs Dynamic
   Typing*
   Abstract: describes the difference between Strong vs Weak typing, Static
   vs Dynamic typing, and Implicit vs Explicit typing, and ultimately justify
   why Perl's dynamic typing (for user-defined types) ultimately succeeds.
   Oops, I just gave away the ending. :)
   2. Chuck Hardin: *Using perl to communicate with hive*
   Abstract: a beginner's introduction to hive, one beginner to another.

ps.  Sponsorships available if your company wants to buy the pizza and
beers :)