[LA.pm] LAPM: reminder: la.pm membership and deals from O'Reilly User Group.

Andrew Grangaard granny+lapm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 12:07:32 PDT 2013

**
Hello Mongers,

la.pm is a member of the O'Reilly User Group program [1].  This provides
discounts for O'Reilly conferences and tutorials as well as a discount on
books (40% on print, 50% on ebooks) via code "DSUG"[2].   You can also get
free books if you want to write a review [3] -- and I'll happy publish the
review on la.pm [4]

peace,
Andrew

[1] O'Reilly User Group program homepage: http://ug.oreilly.com
[2]
>* Your group members receive a 40% discount on print books from O'Reilly,
Microsoft
> Press, No Starch, PC Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, Rocky Nook,
SitePoint, or
> YoungJin products purchased directly from O'Reilly. And they get a 50%
discount on
> ebooks. Just use code DSUG. Orders can be placed online at oreilly.com<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z0nnh73hk76s0t7cjem1f8akuqrhsamqcmj4698o>or by calling
> 800-998-9938.* Your members are also entitled to a discount on O'Reilly
conferences and
> tutorials. Other special discount offers may also be forwarded to your
group from time to time.

[3]

O'Reilly offers free review copies of our books. As the group rep, you may
request a copy for review in your newsletter, web site, blog, mailing list,
or for your group library. Requests for review copies must be submitted by
you, as the contact for your group. If you wish for the review copy to be
shipped to another group member, please supply the name, address, and phone
number of that member for shipment. If a review of a book has been written,
please forward a copy to me. We are also encouraging user group members to
post reviews to sites such as Amazon, Slashdot, and oreilly.com. For
current user group info, graphics, and book review information please go
to: ug.oreilly.com<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zgsbmr94krcqee5ukid1aoqduh6dsqqenjl7bo4o>

[4] los angeles perl mongers website: http://la.pm.org