[LA.pm] Thanks for letting me present

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:28:03 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Randal L. Schwartz
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Ben> That said, if I was to build a "massive templating system", there are
> Ben> worse places to draw inspiration from than Lisp...
>
> *cough* template *cough* toolkit *cough*
>
> :-)

As I was saying... ;-)

More seriously, when I see template toolkit, I see something that lets
you apply data to structured text with a familiar imperative syntax,
and get back repetitive text.  By contrast when I see Lisp I see
something which is easier to implement that lets you apply a data
structure to a data structure and get back a transformed data
structure.  That to me looks more like, "Take a nested hash, get back
a nested hash with some repetitive stuff in it."

But the point is moot, since I'm not building it.