[LA.pm] Thanks for letting me present

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:24:01 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Randal L. Schwartz
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Ben> I thought more about it.  If I went down this road, I'd be inclined to
> Ben> make it more lisp-like, and have some useful functionality available
> Ben> by default so that people don't need to write those messy bits.  That
> Ben> would reduce Eric's solution to something like this:
>
> "And once again, a massive templating system was formed, from the seed
> of a 'keep it simple' start..."
>
> :-)

It hasn't happened yet.  So far it is all an exercise in armchair
language design.

And won't happen unless someone actually seems to need this kind of
functionality.  (Eric suggested that he has a use case, but I'm not
sure it is worthwhile.)

That said, if I was to build a "massive templating system", there are
worse places to draw inspiration from than Lisp...