[LA.pm] jobs available, going unfulfilled

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Fri Sep 24 15:05:27 PDT 2010

On Sep 24, 2010, at 13:49, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:

>> You all know I'm a huge fan of open-source and I'm convinced that the
>> OS world can provide an alternative educational track than going the college route.
>
> Hi, Todd.  Could you please elaborate on that?  I'd like to get a
> basic education in computer science but am not sure where to start.  (I've been a sysadmin for over 12 years.)

Just start programming.   :-)

Find some reasonable task you want to accomplish, pick up a couple of books and start figuring it out.  One variation of this is to contribute to an open source project -- often this will be some sort of infrastructure you use for the "real project".

... that's how I got started anyway.

 - ask

--
Ask Bjørn Hansen, http://askask.com/