[LA.pm] jobs available, going unfulfilled

Jordan Schwartz jordan247 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:39:22 PDT 2010

> Now, I'm really curious.  Why is this?

The demand is for more than just perl slots.  i have seen
recruiters at the LA Java UG, and at a PHP meetups for months.

Also the demand is for more then just programmer / developer types,
the UNIX User Association of Socal jobs list , uuasc.org, has been
seeing a steady flow of Sysadmin postions, and recruiters at the meetings.

Additionally the well attended SoCal Devops meetups are a driven
by recruiting.

I think its that business need to have an internet presence if they have any
chance of being successfull and L.A. is fairly diverse with Aerospace,
entertainment,
Misc. Tech, etc.

There may have been some pent up demand after the financial services /
home loan meltdown
a few year back that put me on the market and there is enough new
business and upgrades to
keep the demand for skilled labor where it should be.

Jordan