[LA.pm] LA.pm @ SCaLE -- deadline Dec 13

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 00:06:07 PST 2010

hi,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Andrew Grangaard <granny+lapm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mongers!
>
> The Southern California Linux Expo is almost upon us.  The deadline
> for proposals is Dec 13.
>
> Who would like to help us maintain a perl presence amongst the wider
> open source community?  Tommy, David Williams and myself volunteered
> (during the past LA.pm) to "do something or man a booth."  Who wants
> to join us?  Any ideas what we should put in our proposal to SCaLE?

Andrew, thanks for moving this forward.

> Gabor, any thoughts?

too much :)

I think it would be great to submit a few talks - the CFP and the submission
form is here https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/

There is also a possibility to invite a few Perl speakers from a distance.

The objective of the Perl Ecosystem Group ( http://perl-ecosystem.org/ )
is to help the Perl presence at such events. So we will try to finance the trip
for 1-2 speakers. In order to make it easier to decide who to invite, please
send me private e-mail with names of people you'd like to see there.

Regarding the Perl or LA.pm booth at SCALE, I think someone needs to
volunteer to be the main contact person.
I have not found the "call for stand" or anything similar on their web site.
so the contact person will need to ask the organizers what do they need.
At other events we usually say that we would like to have a booth
where we can represent Perl and a number of Perl based projects.
Then we list some projects such as Catalyst, Dancer,
WebGUI, Bricolage, Moose, Rakudo etc. Depending on who we think will
be able to be present.

We have plenty of resources collected on the TPF wiki
https://www.socialtext.net/perl5/index.cgi?events

and there is a separate page where we can collect information about
SCALE:
https://www.socialtext.net/perl5/index.cgi?events_2011_scale9x

So will be the main coordinator?

regards