[LA.pm] (no subject)

Samy Kamkar samy at samy.pl
Tue May 25 21:44:39 PDT 2010

Why not? I just got a *great* deal on Xanax! Just kidding. It was a terrible
deal.

Hope to see you all out tomorrow at the meeting! A little more of an
abstract of my talk is below. I won't be getting very detailed unless anyone
is interested in specifics, but will more be going over what we can do and
the basics of how.

Extremely Low-Level Networking (and other low-level system stuff) in pure
Perl:

Low-level networking can be a powerful and invaluable method for either
solving problems or wreaking havoc. This talk will examine system-level
functions in Perl and very low-level methods to interface with packet
sniffing and packet injection technologies in pure Perl, even without
dependencies such as libpcap, libnet, drugs, alcohol, or XS.

You'll learn how to develop portable versions of system-level applications
such as ifconfig, netstat, sysctl, arp, lsof, etc. We'll also go over
various examples of portable, pure Perl implementations and the
underpinnings of network protocols, tools, and attacks such as DNS spoofing,
ARP spoofing, packet sniffing, and reading your girlfriend's emails. It's
suggested that everyone avoid using the Internet during this time.