[LA.pm] Meeting Wednesday 1/27 (tomorrow)

Andrew Grangaard agrangaard at rubiconproject.com
Tue Jan 26 11:13:07 PST 2010

Mongers!

See y'all tomorrow!  (Please don't  let the (potential) rain scare you
into staying home!

Peace,

Andrew

>From la.pm.org[1]:

   What:    Los Angeles Perl Mongers Meeting

   When:  7-9pm

   Date:     Wednesday, January 27, 2010

   Where: The Rubicon Project HQ - 1925 S. Bundy, 90025

   Theme: Perl!

   Food:     Pizza and beverages provided.

   RSVP:     Responses always appreciated.

   We'll meet the fourth Thursday of the month, 2010-01-27. (The third

   week of January is pretty busy, we've had Mindshare.la overlap

   complaints and our speaker had a conflict on Wednesday)

    Presentations:

    1. Andrew Grangaard: "Hadoop and Perl: a how-to" -- Hadoop Streaming

       with Perl. An introduction to using the [2]streaming interface to

       [3]Hadoop from perl, using [4]Hadoop::Streaming. After a brief

       overview of Hadoop the talk will focus on building streaming jobs

       and getting the necessary infrastructure in place to support
them.

       Further development of Hadoop::Streaming will be discussed.

    2. Slot 2 is Open!

       Alternate: Andrew Grangaard: "Dist::Zilla - distribution builder;

       installer not included!" packaging CPAN distributions using

       [5]Dist::Zilla.

   1. http://la.pm.org/

   2. http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.15.2/streaming.html

   3. http://hadoop.apache.org/