[LA.pm] January Perl Mongers: Wed 1/27/2010

Andrew Grangaard agrangaard at rubiconproject.com
Wed Jan 6 13:40:48 PST 2010

Hello LA Perl Mongers!

Topic 1: Hadoop Streaming with Perl
Topic 2: TBD
When:    Wed, 2010-01-27
Time:    7-9pm
Where:   Rubicon Project HQ / 1925 S. Bundy, LA, Ca, 90025
Food:    Pizza and BEvERages provided
RSVP:    Responses always appreciated

We'll meet the fourth Thursday of the month, 2010-01-27.
(The third week of January is pretty busy, we've had Mindshare.la
overlap complaints and our speaker had a conflict on Wednesday)

Our first presentation will be an introduction to using the streaming
interface[1] to Hadoop[2] from Perl, using Hadoop::Streaming[2].  After
a brief overview of Hadoop the talk will focus on building streaming
jobs and getting the necessary infrastructure in place to support them.

Our second presentation slot is open, ready for a volunteer.  Otherwise
I'll do a second presentation on packaging CPAN distributions using
Dist::Zilla[4]. "Dist::Zilla - distribution builder; installer not
included!"

See you on the 27th!
-Andrew

[1] http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.15.2/streaming.html