[LA.pm] Meetings - general thoughts.

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Sun May 17 03:06:42 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:19:14AM -0700, Miguel Hernandez wrote:

> getting out of beta. Obviously, it would have to be Perl-specific so it
> might be more legwork but the side-benefits would be great. Finding out a
> company is a Perl shop in this manner would be great. Then again, it might
> have to start with the group coming up with a list of all the Perl shops we
> know about.

Perl mongers only eat free food when offered by Perl shops? :-)

I might be misinterpreting the intent of the statement here, but surely if a
non-Perl shop offered food, hoards of ravenous Perl mongers would be happy
to visit them and eat it, and attempt to convert them to the joys of Perl? :-)

[Although I suspect it's hard(er) to make contact with non-Perl shops, *and*
what would be their motivation for giving away food? Other than a product
launch]

Nicholas Clark