[LA.pm] Updating LA.pm's site

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Wed Jul 29 14:11:21 PDT 2009

Andrew Grangaard wrote:

> I'm in the process of getting access to the site to update it.

I will expedite this later this afternoon.

> I put in a request, it made it to the RT queue, some additional people
> needed to be contacted, they have now been contacted.  So now we're
> waiting on volunteer labor to update the RT queue at perl.org /
> pm.org.

That's the key.  Jay, who handles most of the tickets is a *volunteer*
(as are all of us who run pm.org and the other perl sites.)  About
every two weeks he goes through all pending tickets and updates them.
It's not a sexy job, and we're really happy that Jay has been doing it
for so long.

> The previous maintainer never gained access to the site, which is why
> it wasn't updated last fall.  The previous-previous maintainer has
> left town, but he has given his blessing for the transfer of control.

We always check that, or at least give the previous contact person we
have a chance to object, in order to prevent hijacking.