[LA.pm] 6-month Contract Position for a Sr. Software Engineer (OO Perl Developer)
lpangan at Shopzilla.com
Mon Jul 13 10:19:52 PDT 2009
Please send your resume directly to me: lpangan at shopzilla.com<mailto:lpangan at shopzilla.com>
Here is our job description:
As our Sr. Software Engineer, you will:
* Develop core technology, including the design/architecture of new solutions, the refinement of existing code, and the optimization of dynamic web content.
* Work with production team to fulfill requests in the project queue, assessing impact and involving the data systems and network operations team when necessary
* Write design specifications, programming specifications, and documentation
* Develop and maintain web applications written in Object Oriented perl, operating on a Linux/Apache/mod_perl platform.
* Develop systems and API's for interfacing with open and proprietary network services and complex business logic/algorithms.
* Develop systems and API's for interfacing with partner companies and trading partners.
Your qualifications include:
* 6+ years of experience in software engineering, OOD/OOA/OOP
* 4+ years of Perl Development
* mod_perl, Apache, XML, HTML, and Unix skills
* Strong software architecture skills (UML a plus)
* Balancing short-term requests with long-term product vision is required
* Experience working with others, both developers and non-technical people during the analysis, design, and execution phases of an engineering project is required
* Experience with source control systems, CVS or Subversion a plus
* Ability to learn and contribute quickly and work independently
* Creativity and effective written and verbal communications are essential
* Candidates for this position should enjoy web based applications development, including gathering requirements and feedback from internal customers, and providing suggestions
Lito G. Pangan
lpangan at shopzilla.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Losangeles-pm