[LA.pm] Jobs at Gilt Groupe

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin+lapm at scaldeferri.com
Wed Aug 12 17:18:43 PDT 2009

[Let me first acknowledge this is a fairly borderline post for LA.pm,
since I don't live in LA any more, and the jobs aren't in LA, and the
jobs don't use Perl.  But, I know there are people on this list who
are qualified & who have exactly the right sort of experience.  So, I
apologize to anyone who finds this OT, and hope that most people don't]

I've been working at the Gilt Groupe (http://www.gilt.com/company/careers
) for about a year now.  We're growing rapidly, both people and
revenue, just closed a $40mil investment round, and are looking for
people with a wide range of technical skills: front-end web
development, back-end server & distributed system development, DBAs,
sysadmins, and network engineers.

The core technology at Gilt is a platform for flash sales of limited
inventory at highly discounted prices.  When we start a sale, we can
see 100x spikes in requests, peaking at Amazon levels.  If this sound
similar to the problems faced by a certain large employer of Perl
developers in LA, then you understand why I posted to this list.

If you're interested, please email me and I'll be happy to answer any
questions and direct your resume in the right direction.

Kevin Scaldeferri
Gilt Groupe, Principal Engineer
(Former Overture/Yahoo)