[LA.pm] Anyone with a teaching bug?

brian d foy brian.d.foy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:45:22 PDT 2008

I'm going to be in the LA area quite a bit next year, and I could
easily do a one or two day open enrollment course for any of the
Stonehenge classes just like I do in Chicago. They can't be free, but
they'll be at a lower cost than most places. The only thing I need is
a venue. :)

But, you also don't need to do new work to get Perl content to teach
your own class. I know that Lyle, the guy behind that free Perl
course, is using our book _Learning Perl_, which is designed as a
teaching book (although apparently the slides on his website are not
from anything in our book). We also have the "Learning Perl Student
Workbook" which has additional exercises for each of the chapters.
That material encapsulates over 15 years teaching Perl and students
asking us questions, so you already have a lot of work done if you
start from there.

In some cases we've also licensed our slides and materials to
qualified instructors. That's a bit trickier, but possible.

Anyway, I look forward to doing stuff with LA.pm next year. Curiously,
I'm in Hollywood right now, but booked pretty solid. :(

--
brian d foy <brian.d.foy at gmail.com>
http://www.pair.com/~comdog/