[LA.pm] About the SoCal Linux Expo (SCALE) 6x

Juan Jose Natera naterajj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:57:03 PDT 2007

Hello all,

Back in February, LA.pm had a booth at SCALE 5x (Thanks to Todd),
we, of course, used it to promote Perl. SCALE 6x is fast approaching
and we need to get ready for it.

Things we need to do *very soon*:

* We need to have a Demo running to show at the booth, one of the
coolest ideas mentioned so far is a demo of MisterHouse (
http://misterhouse.sf.net ). Whatever the demo will be, it must be
determined soon because it is a requirement to reserve the booth
space.

Nice to have:

* It would be great to have someone give a Perl talk, the call for
papers is open until Nov. 30th:

http://socallinuxexpo.org/scale6x/conference-info/calls-for-papers/

* We would like to have people from all SoCal Perl Mongers groups at
the booth: LA, OC, San Diego, Thousand Oaks, etc (Am I missing some?).

Please reply with your ideas and suggestions, and/or let's discuss it
after this tonight's meeting.

For more information about SCALE 6x, please visit http://socallinuxexpo.org

The LA.pm Team