[LA.pm] Tech. Meeting Nov 8th @ Rent.com

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:03:26 PDT 2007

On 10/28/07, Quinn Weaver <quinn at fairpath.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:25:10PM -0700, Ben Tilly wrote:
>
> > I don't have anything prepared, but I've helped on A/B testing at
> > multiple companies, including Rent.  Would the ins and outs of how to
> > do A/B testing be useful to people?
>
> I'm remotely interested.
>
> That is, I'm remote (located in San Francisco) and highly
> interested. :)
>
> If you give this talk, would you please consider making slides available?

Ah.  That presumes 3 things not at present true.

1. I have somewhere to put said slides.
2. I have slides to put.
3. I have the ability to give the presentation.

Having never given one of these before, I have no computer to give the
presentation with (I assume Rent can provide one), no slide-preparing
software (I'm hoping someone will suggest one), and no internet home
appropriate for putting the presentation on (I'm hoping someone will
volunteer one, I know multiple people on this list with space).  I am,
in short, singularly ill-prepared and hopeful of assistance. :-)

Assuming all of those change, I'm hoping to prepare slides on my
wife's computer, put them up at the donated home, and give a
presentation on the borrowed computer off of that location.  And I'll
gladly let everyone know where the presentation is afterwards.

Cheers,
Ben