[LA.pm] Results of the LA.pm survey

Juan Jose Natera naterajj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:36:24 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Much later than I expected and I apologize, here are the results of
the survey we did at the last meeting. We got very diverse answers,
I've tried to group them into closely related topics.

These are the topic you want to see discussed in future meetings:

# of Votes  Topic

5               Perl 6
4               Web Development Frameworks
4               Debugging
4               Object Oriented Perl
3               Testing
3               Module Writing
3               Parrot
2               Logging
2               Concurrent Programming
1               Haskell
1               Best Practices
1               Object Relational Mapping frameworks
1               mod_perl
1               Rule Based Engines
1               Domain Driven Design
1               Portability
1               Design Patterns
1               Web Services

Some modules that were specifically mentioned:

Catalyst, HTML::Mason, Moose, log4perl.

I can't promise that we will have talks on each and every subject, but
we will try our best to get the topics at the top of the list
discussed. Of course If you can give a presentation about any of the
topics above mentioned, please get in touch with us.

Best regards,

The LA.pm Team

P.S. we hope everyone is safe from the fires that have been ravaging California.