[LA.pm] Passing the Torch

Juan Jose Natera naterajj at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:21:47 PDT 2007

> I think that it's clear that we've come to the point of passing the torch of
> leadership for the LA.pm. Unfortunately, my new job responsibilities at
> Google are not going to give me the time and opportunity to set up guest
> speakers, etc. for the LA.pm. I do have to say that I've really enjoyed
> working with you all and hope that the speakers that we did set up last year
> were helpful and provided you with a newfound energy to support your most
> loved language.

First of all, thanks for your work at LA.pm, you brought great
speakers with a plethora of interesting topics. As a small example, I
attended to the PPI talk by Jeff Geof last year but I never thought I
would actually use it, recently I built a small tool to extract
lexicons from code using PPI :)

Regarding the change of leadership, I would be willing to help under a
committee model, as you mentioned, it would make things easier for
those that volunteer for this task.

Regards,

Juan Natera