[LA.pm] Introductions and... show up to the next meeting!

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Mon Mar 5 15:36:20 PST 2007

Please keep the introductions coming. This is really great since it puts
a little history behind each member. Since you're taking the time to do
this, please also try hard to come to the next meeting so people can
connect your history and your face!

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Stephan [mailto:elvis at elvisware.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 1:04 PM
To: Todd Cranston-Cuebas; losangeles-pm at pm.org
Subject: RE: [LA.pm] New Members: Introduce Yourself!

It would be great to know:

Your name:
Ron Stephan (Elvis to friends)

Your experience level with perl:
Nothing formal - Old C, C++, xBase hack been perl diving since most of
my database apps moved to MySQL about 4 or 5 years ago.
Hated it intensely at first - I have grown to like it.

What you hope to get from this group?
- Tea and Sympathy?

- Freak out help.

Seriously - If I had a magic wand it would someplace where I could ask a
question like...  I have a perl script that needs to spawn
a cmd line util to do a chroma-key merge between two MPEG files (this is
my current problem dejour)... Where on planet earth could I
find that?  And (A) not get laughed at and (B) get pointed into a
generally good direction.

The noise floor in searching for all things *ix,perl..etc is so
high...it is hard to find what you are really looking for these
days.

Regards,

Todd

Todd Cranston-Cuebas
Manager of Technical Recruiting

8800 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone: (310) 360-2436; Mobile: (310) 422-3347
tcc at ticketmaster.com